Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Before you made tracks for corporate types, your hip hop had crazy hype

Hieroglyphics


Ah, just hanging out at the beach. Taking a trip away from Oakland. Del, Casual, Pep Love and The Souls of Mischief put together some great stuff in their day. They went on to make some friends (Del chills with Dan The Automater, Souls did a track with RJD2, other members dropped solo albums.) But then, at some point, this happened:



Maybe, I've never been a big fan of songs made for albums or themes. I mean, The Game by Jurassic 5 is not that bad. I just feel like, a dip into corporate waters changes the way you sound on the mic. I've never been a fan.

Black Eyed Peas


Oh, these guys. I don't know what happened here. One point your making stuff like this, having great r&b singers get down on your tracks and then.... Fergie. Really guys? One album you're paying homage to Afrika Bambaataa next minute you're music is being blasted at bar mitzvahs.

I mean it could be worse. You be MC Hammer.

MC Hammer


Jeez, dude.

Hieroglyphics - Fantasy Island

Hieroglyphics - Halo
Jurassic 5 - The Game
Black Eyed Peas - Weekends
Black Eyed Peas - Bringing It Back

No comments: